Keywords. They are the basis for rankings.
You should know by now that I am an affiliate marketer for the wealthyaffiliate.com platform. I want to share with you a Blog article by Wealthy Affiliate Owner and Founder Kyle Loudoun.
We know we have discussed how a keyword theme should be the premise of all of your content, but it is one thing to get ranked under keywords within search, and a different one to get people to actually read your content. This will require attention to FORMAT.
On this website, I have also recommended JAAXY as your best keyword search platform. You can try it out here:
There are strategies that you can implement as you are creating your content to boost your rankings and increase the overall breadth of keyword exposure you get within the search engines: Google, Bing and Yahoo.
You Don’t Need to be an English Major to Be a Blogger!
In his article, Kyle explains that we should always write from the heart and talk with our audience as if we were sitting at a coffee shop with them. People don’t like to read content that presents itself too complex in meaning or confusing to the eyes due to poor formatting.
There are a few things you can do to ensure the highest rate of readership. Remember, your goal is to get people to read your content and value is as important as format. They will read it because of the quality of the content itself, but also because they will be captured by content that is laid out in a way and formatted in a way that encourages reading.
5 Tips to Improve Your Website Content
Kyle, my mentor at Wealthy Affiliate, gives these wonderful tips:
(1) Write short paragraphs.
White space within your content (smaller paragraphs) will lead to much better readability and more people will read your content as a result.
(2) Use appropriate font sizes and colors. You ideally want to keep your normal font sizes (minimum of 14 pt) on your website that are by default, don’t get into a habit of using random font sizes and colors everywhere.
(3) Insert images within your content. We are visual learners by nature! We find it much easier to relate to content and remember it if there is associated imagery.
(4) Use headlines to prelude content. It is important that you break up your content and foreshadow what is coming up through the use of headlines. You can do this by using H3 (Heading 3) tags within your content. It will make your content much more readable.
(5) Write in an easy-to-understand way. One of the biggest mistakes people make when building out their content is trying to make it sound like an English essay. This shouldn’t be the case!
Keep it simple by conveying your ideas, opinions and themes to people in a communicative way. Writing from the heart and with your personal story and touch will lead to far more trust, far more dialogue (comments), and ultimately, more people reading your content.
Are you Up for the Challenge?
These are your task for this week:
1. Create a post on your website with the emphasis of focusing on the 5 aspects of readability: 1. small paragraphs, 2. fonts and colors, 3.proper use of visuals, 4. headlines, and of course, 5. understandability!
2. Create a FREE account on JAAXY today!
To read the FULL article, visit: Kyle’s Post at Wealthy Affiliate.com
4 thoughts on “Keywords are KEY to your Rankings!”
Great post a lot of fantastic information
Glad you found the information useful, Paul. Just to see you with your own eyes from within the platform, create a free account today and try it out. You have nothing to lose and a LOT to win!
Youare spot on with this advice. I use all these points in creating my blog.
Absolutely spot ON, and for anyone else that is willing to invest time and effort in taking the training and applying the principles! This is again, my message to you and anyone else willing to work from home on your dream business: Work with purpose and for a purpose. The world needs you, your voice, your message. Give hope to people from any niche you are good at. Create a free account today and DO IT! 🙂